30 June 2008

MFH: June

There are three family history events in the month of June for which I do not know the exact dates.

This June is the 394th anniversary of my 9th great-grandfather, Obadiah Seely (also spelled Seeley, Sealy, and Sealey). Obadiah was born in June 1614 in Birmingham, England. He is my earliest ancestor to come to North America, arriving in the 1630's. By approximately 1647 he was married to Mary Angell in Stamford, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA. Obadiah died on 25 August 1657 in Stamford, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA. My descent from Obadiah is as follows:

Obadiah Seely + Mary Angell
|
Jonas Seely + Mary Wicks
|
Ebenezer Seely + Mercy Dean
|
Jonas Seely + Sarah Bartlett
|
Joseph Seely + Elizabeth Haines
|
William Gedney Seely + Hannah Ferris
|
Joseph Seely + Caroline S. Richards
|
Adda R. Seely + Lewis C. Hayes
|
Harriett Hayes + Thomas Francis Hayes
|
Mary Eileen Hayes + Benedict Aloysius Roddy
|
My Mother + My Father
|
Me

This June marks the 341st anniversary of the birth of my 8th great-grandfather, Hanß Nickel Molter.
Hanß Nickel was born in June 1667 in Dittweiler, Kusel, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany. On 03 November 1693, Hanß Nickel married Anna Margaretha Becker in Altenkirchen, Kusel, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany. He died there in April 1747. My descent from Hanß Nickel is as follows:

Hanß Nickel Molter + Anna Margaretha Becker
|
Johann Theobald Molter + Anna Margaretha Angelica Pfaff
|
Elisabetha Barbara Molter + Johann Adam Becker
|
Johann Jacob Becker + Maria Catharina Mehl
|
Catharina Barbara Becker + Johann Theobald Bender
|
Margaretha Bender + Johannes Schoen
|
Frederick August Schoen + Margaret Anna "Marianne" Kress
|
John Charles Schoen + Helena Loretta Ruppel
|
Harry Frederick Schoen + Freda Irene Needs
|
My Father + My Mother
|
Me

Lastly, June marks the 178th anniversary of the birth of my great-great-grandmother, Hannah (Kelly) Roddy. Hannah was born in Ireland in June of 1830. She immigrated to the USA in 1847. Hannah died 05 June 1902 in Parkersburg, Wood, West Virginia, USA. My descent from Hannah is as follows:

Hannah Kelly + John Roddy
|
Owen Francis Roddy + Catherine Regina Holden
|
Benedict Aloysius Roddy + Mary Eileen Roddy
|
My Mother + My Father
|
Me


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mother is a Seely from Southhampton, LI. My sister had DNA sample done with my mother's brother, William H Seely. Uncle Sonny's DNA is currently the best match in the DNA study being conducted by the Seely Genealogical Society. I don't have a lot of info on hime beyond this. My sister as conducted exrensive research on the family tree.