30 September 2008

MFH: September

There are two September events for which I do not know specific dates.

This September was the 278th anniversary of the birth of my 6th great-grandmother, Elisabetha Barbara Molter. Elisabetha was born in September 1730 in Altenkirchen, Kusel, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany. She was the second (of four) daughter and third (of seven) child of Johann Theobald and Anna Margaretha Angelica (Pfaff) Molter.

View Larger Map

On 03 May 1757, Elisabetha married Johann Adam Becker in Altenkirchen. Elisabetha and Johann had nine children, six sons and three daughters. Elisabetha died in Altenkirchen in January 1784.

My descent from Elisabetha is:
Elisabetha Barbara Molter + Johann Adam Becker
|
Johann Jacob Becker + Maria Catharina Mehl
|
Catharina Barbara Becker + Johann Theobald Bender
|
Margaretha Bender + Johannes Schoen
|
Frederick August Schoen + Margaret Anna "Marianne" Kress
|
John Charles Schoen + Helena Loretta Ruppel
|
Harry Frederick Schoen + Freda Irene Needs
|
My Father + My Mother
|
Me

Also, this September was the 151st anniversary of the birth of my great-great-grandmother, Mary Ann Skehan. Mary Ann was born in September 1857 in Quebec, Canada. On 08 August 1875 in Lac Sainte-Marie, Quebec, Canada, Mary Ann married Thomas Hayes, Jr. Mary Ann and Thomas, along with their eldest son, my great-grandfather, emigrated to the USA in 1878. Mary Ann and Thomas had ten children, six sons and four daughters.

View Larger Map

Mary Ann died on 22 September 1940 in Marietta, Washington, Ohio, USA where she is buried at (New) St. Mary's Cemetery on St. Mary's Avenue.



My descent from Mary Ann is:
Mary Ann Skehan + Thomas Hayes, Jr.
|
Thomas Francis Hayes + Harriett Hayes
|
Mary Eileen Hayes + Benedict Aloysius Roddy
|
My Mother + My Father
|
Me

No comments: