03 November 2008

MFH: 03 November

Today is the 315th anniversary of the marriage of my 8th great-grandparents, Anna Margaretha Becker and Hanß Nickel Molter. Anna and Hanß were married on 03 November 1693 in Altenkirchen, Kusel, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany.

View Larger Map

Anna was born in about 1677 in Altenkirchen and Hanß was born in about 1667 in nearby Dittweiler. Anna and Hanß had eight children, five daughters and three sons.

My descent from Anna and Hanß is:
Hanß Nickel Molter + Anna Margaretha Becker
|
Johann Theobald Molter + Anna Margaretha Angelica Pfaff
|
Elisabetha Barbara Molter + Johann Adam Becker
|
Johann Jacob Becker + Maria Catharina Mehl
|
Catharina Barbara Becker + Johann Theobald Bender
|
Margaretha Bender + Johannes Schoen
|
Frederick August Schoen + Margaret Anna "Marianne" Kress
|
John Charles Schoen + Helena Loretta Ruppel
|
Harry Frederick Schoen + Freda Irene Needs
|
My Father + My Mother
|
Me


Today is also 161st anniversary of the marriage of my great-great-great-grandparents, Nancy Agnes Haddow and David P. Hayes. Nancy and David were married on 03 November 1847 in Washington County, Ohio.

View Larger Map

Nancy was born 20 March 1825 in Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom, the eldest daughter (of three) and third child (of six) of Robert and Jannette (Ormiston) Haddow. Nancy was nine years old when her family arrived in New York aboard the ship Portaferry on 06 June 1834.

View Larger Map


David was born on 18 April 1824 in Columbiana County, Ohio, the youngest son (of three) and youngest child (of ten) of Edmund and Sarah (Whitacre) Hayes.

View Larger Map

Nancy and David had nine children, three daughters and six sons. Nancy died on 22 December 1901 in Vincent, Washington County, Ohio and David died there on 15 December 1908.

View Larger Map

My descent from Nancy and David is:
Nancy Agnes Haddow + David P. Hayes
|
Lewis C. Hayes + Adda R. Seely
|
Harriett Hayes + Thomas Francis Hayes
|
Mary Eileen Hayes + Benedict Aloysius Roddy
|
My Mother + My Father
|
Me

And finally, a very special Happy 45th Birthday shoutout to my partner, Chuck. You are my life and my soul. Without you I would be nothing. Here's something just for you!

No comments: