17 October 2008

Ex Libris: The Dreaming Void


The Dreaming Void by Peter F. Hamilton is a continuation of his Commonwealth Saga (Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained). Having read the first two books, I was excited to see where he would take the story next. I did like this book. As it is the first book of a trilogy, The Void Trilogy, I expect the author will keep the most exciting action for the final book. There was certainly enough to keep my interest throughout this book. There was a steady progression of events and character development along with the re-introduction of characters from the Commonwealth Saga. I was especially intrigued by Hamilton's ideas about the evolution of humans, physiologically and socio-culturally. I look forward to the next installment of this series.

No comments: