13 July 2008

Shelter


Last weekend Chuck and I watched the movie Shelter (IMDb; here! TV) on DVD. I'd been hearing about this movie for quite some time so I was looking forward to watching it. Both of us liked the movie. I've watched it three times in the last week and Chuck has watched it twice. After watching it the first time, I bought the DVD. I also bought the soundtrack on iTunes and have been listening to it almost nonstop.

I really cared about the characters and wished we could find out what happens with the after the events portrayed in the movie. I thought the actors, especially Trevor Wright and Brad Rowe, did a good job with their roles. After we watched it the first time, I ask Chuck what he thought of the movie. He said it was refreshing to watch a movie with gay characters that had a happy ending. It seems all too common in many Hollywood movies these days, that the gay characters are unhappy or the villains in the end. So it was good to see a movie that wasn't like that.

No comments: