22 July 2008

MFH: 22 July

Today is the 134th anniversary of the birth of my great-grandfather, James Eldridge Needs. James was born 22 July 1874 at Cow Run, Lawrence Township, Washington, Ohio. On 08 November 1899, James was married to Rena Belle Fleming in Washington County, Ohio. James and Rena had 7 children. James died on 07 October 1949 in Marietta, Washington County, Ohio.

These portraits are of my great-grandparents, James Eldridge Needs and Rena Belle (Fleming) Needs. By their clothing, I would guess that these date to the 1890's or 1900's.


This is a photo of James Eldridge and Rena Belle (Fleming) Needs taken on their farm at Cow Run, Washington County, Ohio in about 1940-1943.

My descent from James is

James Eldridge Needs + Rena Belle Fleming
|
Freda Irene Needs + Harry Frederick Schoen
|
My Father + My Mother
|
Me


No comments: