10 July 2008

MFH: 10 July

Today is the 176th anniversary of the birth of my great-great-grandfather, Thomas E. Needs. Thomas was born 10 July 1832 in Pennsylvania. In about 1853 he married Margaret L. King in Monroe County, Ohio. Thomas and Margaret had 10 children. Thomas died 15 March 1906 at Cow Run, Lawrence Township, Washington County, Ohio.

These portraits are of Thomas E. and Margaret L. (King) Needs were given to my paternal grandmother, Freda Irene (Needs) Schoen (a granddaughter of Thomas and Margaret), by one of her cousins.

My descent from Thomas is:

Thomas E. Need + Margaret L. King
|
James Eldridge Needs + Rena Belle Fleming
|
Freda Irene Needs + Harry Frederick Schoen
|
My Father + My Mother
|
Me


And a very happy birthday to my brother, Fred, and nephew, Thomas.


No comments: