17 May 2008

Dramatis Personae

I'd like to briefly introduce you to the main players in our drama.

I am Rick, your narrator and commentator. I am 44 years old and currently living in northwest Indiana. Although I was born in golden state of California I consider myself to be a Buckeye from the great state of Ohio. My parents moved a few times in the early years of their marriage---Washington, DC; California; Ohio. I lived in Ohio from the time I was two years old until I graduated from college. The I moved to Chicago for graduate school, fell in love and eventually moved to Indiana. I am the third son and third (of six) child in my family. I have two older brothers and three younger sisters.

Chuck, my partner, is also 44. He was born and raised in northwest Indiana. Apart from living in Chicago for about 12 years, he has lived in Indiana all his life. He is the only son and fifth (of six) child of his parents. He has four older and one younger sisters.

Emerson (the brindle on the left) and Ozzie (the fawn on the right), both 16 months old, are our two French Bulldogs. They are brothers and litter mates. They came to live with us when they were three months old. They are the fourth and fifth French Bulldogs that have shared our lives. Our previous three companions, Henri, Pete, and Bert, are gone but most fondly remembered.



No comments: