23 January 2009

MFH: 23 January

Today is the 175th anniversary of the birth of my great-great-grandmother, Margaret L. King. Margaret was born 23 January 1834 in Monroe County, Ohio. Margaret is one of the most persistent brick walls in my genealogical research. I do not know who her parents were. I've had no luck, except finding her birth date, tracing her before her marriage. She was married in about 1853 in Monroe County, Ohio, to Thomas E. Needs, whose origins are equally mysterious.

Thomas E. Needs and Margaret L. King, my great-great-grandparents.

Margaret and Thomas had ten children, three daughters and seven sons. Margaret died 02 March 1888 at Cow Run, Lawrence Township, Washington County, Ohio and is buried there in Mt. Zion Cemetery.

View Larger Map

My descent from Margaret is:
Margaret L. King + Thomas E. Needs
|
James Eldridge Needs + Rena Belle Fleming
|
Freda Irene Needs + Harry Frederick Schoen
|
My Father + My Mother
|
Me

No comments: